- Iran fires first of a new generation of solid-fuel missiles
- Israel calls on incoming US administration to stay tough
- Turkey offers mediation as P5+1 talks continue into the twilight days of Bush's Presidency
- Iran warns US over air space violations, after US raid in Syria
- Ahmadinejad congratulates Obama for election victory, then endures storm of controversy back home for his conciliatory gesture
- Iran looking to collaborate with other suppliers as oil and gas prices plummet.
- IAEA suggests that Iran may have attempted to combine its missile and nuclear technologies; Iran refuses to fully cooperate with its inquiries
- UN Security Council passes resolution req