If you wish to print pages from this website (subject to the Terms and Conditions below) you will achieve best results by selecting landscape paper orientation. Documents are formatted to be printed on both American Letter and European A4 formats.
If you link to this site, please do so within a new browser window, rather than within the frame of another site.
Terms and conditions
British American Security Information Council (BASIC) provides the use of this site subject to the following Terms and Conditions (T&Cs).
1) Your use constitutes acceptance of these T&Cs as at the date of your first use of the site.
2) BASIC reserves the rights to change these T&Cs at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3) You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party. In addition you must:
3.1) use the site for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain.
3.2) notify and seek the approval of BASIC to any intended links to the website prior to making such links.
3.3) not copy, store in a retrieval system or transmit in any form or by any means any part of the website to any third party without BASIC's written permission.
4) This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to BASIC are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will BASIC be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence except in the case of personal injury or death caused by BASIC.
5) BASIC does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6) Copyright restrictions:
* Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without BASIC's prior authorisation. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by BASIC to use any item displayed.
* The BASIC logo is protected under international and national laws. Its use by an unauthorised person is strictly forbidden.
* Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not BASIC). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
* Unless otherwise stated, all images are copyright BASIC.
7) The website may contain links to websites operated by parties other than BASIC. Such links are provided for your convenience only. BASIC does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their contents. Their does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. You are solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites.
8) Whilst BASIC makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the website, it cannot ensure such exclusion, and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Therefore, we recommend you take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the website.
9) BASIC reserves the right to vary any event registration fees and the prices of any goods or services listed without notice. All event registrations and orders for goods and services are subject to availability and BASIC reserves he right to refuse to accept any registration and to refuse to supply and goods or services to any individual.
10) Although the website uses encryption security software in areas where on-line payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the internet cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained by you when transmitting information by means of e-mail or other internet links shall be borne solely and exclusively by you and in no event shall any such loss in whole or in part be borne by BASIC or its agents.
11) BASIC shall not be held to be in breach of its obligations hereunder nor liable to you for any loss or damage which may be suffered by you or any third party due to any clause beyond its reasonable control.