BASIC & the Department of Politics and International Studies (PAIS) held a one-day conference on nuclear non-proliferation and disarmament. The conference brought together key thinkers from academia, policy-making, and non-governmental organsations to discuss the future of British nuclear weapons policy, and the prospects for non-proliferation and disarmament in the Middle East.
PAIS NUCLEAR WEAPONS WORKING GROUP presents:
The Future of Nuclear Weapons: Between Disarmament and Proliferation
Tuesday 11th June
Panel One: Trident and UK Nuclear Policy
Chair: Dr Trevor McCrisken, PAIS and Chair, BASIC
- Dr Nick Ritchie, Lecturer in International Security, University of York
- Mr Paul Ingram, Executive Director, British American Security Information Council
- Mr Tim Street, Collaborative PhD Student, University of Warwick and British American Security Information Council
Panel Two: Middle East Nuclear Non-proliferation and Disarmament
Chair: Dr Nicola Pratt, Associate Professor in International Politics of the Middle East, University of Warwick (TBC)
- Mr Mark Fitzpatrick, Director, Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Programme, International Institute for Strategic Studies
- Mr Khaled Shaalan, Second Secretary, Egyptian Embassy in London
- Ms Sandra Ionno Butcher, Senior Programme Coordinator, Pugwash Conferences on Science and World Affairs
Click below to read the conference report.