Jobs & Internships
INTERNSHIPS AT BASIC
BASIC’s interns will gain an understanding of many of the current issues affecting security; familiarity with the arms control communities in Europe and the United States; an understanding of employment opportunities in the field; a first-hand view of how a small think tank influences international media coverage and national policy formulation; and exposure to the challenges and responsibilities of international networking.
Interns will research fact sheets and reports; help to organise conferences and events; research and write articles; and monitor and update our website and social media sites. They are encouraged to attend hearings and briefings; monitor arms control meetings and news websites; and perform various administrative tasks.
We are now accepting applications for an internship in our London office
The position is 2-3 days per week from June - September or October 2015.
This is a voluntary position, but local travel expenses can be reimbursed.
We’re looking for someone who :
- Has an excellent academic record and relevant degree (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- Is familiar with Microsoft Office and Google Applications
- Is highly self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude
- Has strong research, writing and organisational skills
- Has an established interest - through previous work or academic experience - in transatlantic security and nuclear non-proliferation and disarmament issues
- Aligns themselves with BASIC’s mission
The following skills and experiences are desirable:
- Experience using social media
- Experience managing websites and web content
- Experience with event coordination
- Experience working in small teams
Application requirements include
1.) a cover letter, which should state:
- when you are available and how many days a week you wish to work
- why you are interested in working at BASIC
- what skills you can bring to the organisation
2.) your CV/resume;
3.) a recent writing sample (1,000 - 1,500 words);
4.) and the names and contact information of two references
Please email your application to HR@basicint.org by Friday May 15th. Please put your name and the words “Summer Internship Application” in the subject line.
Interviews will take place in late May.
BASIC cannot help applicants obtain visas or permits.
BASIC is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are a recruiter or a recruitment website, please contact a member of BASIC staff before re-posting our job opportunities on your own site.