Jobs & Internships
Digital Media and Communications Manager
3 days per week, based in London (UK) or Boston, MA (USA)
8 month contract with possibility of extension, dependent upon funding.
Salary range (dependent upon skills & experience): £28,500 - £31,500 pro-rata.
BASIC is a small, transatlantic think-tank focused on international security issues: primarily nuclear non-proliferation and disarmament. We are launching an innovative project aimed at creating new narratives and injecting fresh thinking into the nuclear weapons debate by exploring relations with other global policy challenges.
We are in need of a motivated self-starter to manage and coordinate the digital outreach of our new Next Generation project and actively engage with our transatlantic team on project development. Candidates should be creative and strategic thinkers with demonstrated experience in delivering digital campaigns and building networks.
This role reports to the Next Generation Project Director.
We are looking for the best candidate who can work in our London office or from our operations in Boston. Relocation fees will not be provided and all applicants must already possess the right to work either in the UK or in the USA.
- Assist in construction and lead the refinement of the Next Generation project’s
- Help develop and communicate the Next Generation brand and strategy
- Coordinate, produce and update visual and written content for the Next Generation website, social media platforms, and newsletters
- Monitor and steer development of content and engagement strategies with the goal to build a vibrant social media and digital campaign with a highly engaged network
- Communicate digital goals and objectives with other members of staff, and monitor and evaluate online statistics and results
- Keep abreast of developments in the digital arena and identify new opportunities, especially in terms of fundraising
- Liaise with third party vendors and agencies when applicable
- Assist with ad hoc digital and communications responsibilities for other BASIC projects and program activities
- Have at least three - five years professional experience in a similar digital an communications role
- Have strategic, long-term vision, with ability to deliver quickly and effectively in the short-term
- Are comfortable working in and with a highly fluid working structure
- Have experience working with small teams and demonstrated success working independently
- Are sympathetic towards our organization’s aims and vision
- Confidence using a wide range of software and platforms, and creating visual content
- Proven success at engaging and building an active community or network on social
- Experience with website construction
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interest and skills in all things digital
- Understanding of user experience and visual design
- Experience with digital fundraising
- Interest in or knowledge of the global nuclear weapons debate
- Experience working with charities and/or non-profit organisations
Early applications appreciated as they will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a final closing date of January 14, 2015, 5 pm EST. Applicants should be available to start as soon as possible.
To apply, submit a resume/CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested, what you believe you would bring to the role, and your available start date, to BASIC Human Resources at HR@basicint.org.
In your cover letter, be sure to specify the location you would be able to work from (which could include BASIC’s London office). Please summarize at the end of the cover letter in 140 characters (i.e. a Tweet) why you are the best person for this position.
When emailing your application, please include the words: “Digital Media & Communications Manager: Application” in the subject line.